Thursday, July 28, 2011

My drop shipping experience - Doba Review

    During my time being unemployed I extensively researched and tried several approaches toward making money online. While searching various ways, i stumbled upon the Drop Shipping method. If you do not know what drop shipping is, allow me to explain. Basically what you do is get access to the inventory of a wholesaler who agrees to allow you to market it's merchandise and sell it for whatever price you set. In return the wholesaler will sell the items to you at wholesale prices. Most of this is done via Ebay and Amazon. It sounds like a brilliant plan huh? In fact I am sure you can find all kinds of websites promising you instant income when using this method. I will review one of the most popular drop ship for newbs systems available to the public.
The company is called Doba, the first time i visited the site, i noticed it was very visually appealing and gave me a sense of organization, the site actually made me feel like i could make this work. Doba offers a one stop source for finding merchandise from hundreds of "wholesalers" to dropship, and to create the advertisements for the items straight to Ebay. At this point I am loving it! i can do it all right here! However, once i started browsing for products to post ads for, I did some research to see how similar items were selling for on Ebay. I must have searched for hours! It seemed that no matter what great deal i thought i spotted on Doba, when i went to Ebay the same items were being sold for less, or after all the Ebay fees, i would be in the negative if i committed to selling the item at a competitive price. I also noticed that Ebay was flooded with auctions for items that were created by other Doba users! In the long run i posted 5 various items and i did not sell one thing! I even set them up to end during peak hours.
Overall, i would not recommend anyone try this service, from what I have read you should not do business with a company that tries to network you with wholesalers, instead you should directly contact these companies and start your own business relationship with them. From my experience Doba could not offer me items at competitive prices compared to what is currently already on Ebay. However, if you would still like to give it a try, it wouldn't hurt to try the free month that they offer, and if you do happen to make it work and can make enough money to overcome all the Ebay fees and the eventual monthly payment from Doba, it certainly can help you learn the ins and outs of dropshipping as an amateur. Good luck! If you would like to give it a shot, head over to http://www.doba.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

HostGator discount code hostgator promotional codes